DECORATIVE WINDOW FILM
Solar Gard decorative films are designed for privacy, interior design and decorative touches enhancing the splendor of glass. These interior films are recommended for application to interior glass and to the inside surface of exterior glass. They add a designer touch on existing glass surfaces, without the expense of etching or replacing smooth glass with frosted glass.
Solar Gard decorative films are water resistant, scratch resistant, easy to maintain and simple to change for new styles and designs. They come in two types: vinyl, strictly for decorative purposes and in solar control versions that also protect the life of furnishings and fabrics by screening up to 99% of the sun’s damaging ultraviolet rays. No matter which ones you choose, Solar Gard decorative films will bring out the designer in you.
Interior vinyl decorative film series have a deep etch (4.5 mil (112 micron)) and are self-adhesive with a matte finish suitable for both wet and dry applications.
Interior solar control decorative films have a 6 mil (150 micron) gauge and come in black opaque, white opaque and clear frost. These Solar Gard films reject up to 77% of the total solar energy – providing you greater temperature stability and comfort while reducing solar heat gain and bothersome glare. For high security installations, black opaque and white opaque prevent interior viewing and provide complete privacy.
- Always use fresh clean soft materials to wash and dry your window film surfaces.
- Most glass cleaners will work well, although a good cleaning solution for window film is 1/2 ounce of liquid dish soap added to 1 quart of fresh water.
- A soft cloth or a clean synthetic sponge is recommended for washing the window film followed by another clean soft cloth or soft rubber squeegee for drying.
- To avoid scratching the film, do not use bristle brushes, abrasive scrubbing sponges, or any cleaning materials that may have been contaminated with dirt particles, as is commonly the case when washing interior and exterior windows with the same cleaning materials.
- Some brands of paper towels are coarse enough to put fine scratches in the film, even films with scratch resistant, protective hard coat finish. While these scratches may be too thin to be seen at the beginning, they can damage the polished look of the film over time.
All Panorama products carry a manufacturers warranty and are specific to the type of architectural installation: residential and commercial.
Different films and applications may carry different warranties.